at 14! Thanks to the # 1 Suzosh Yoshimura SERT Motul victory, Suzuki won 14th in 24 Heures Motos. So the developer joins Kawasaki in the most winning category in the regular Le Mans race. This success, pilots Gregg Black, Xavier Siméon and Sylvain Guintoli went in search of it by hand. At any time during the race, the team, which has 17 world championships, could not stop. The strongest opponent was the # 7 Yamaha Official YART Yamaha EWC Team. The Austrian team (which had reached a good position) is failing in one round and thus may regret its missing start. Honda can also store regrets. FCC # 5 TSR Honda remained in the game until it encountered technical problems and crashed this morning. Despite this, the Japanese team was able to climb to the third stage of the podium.
BMW was unlucky when a stone pierced the radiator causing the engine to ignite. So the German manufacturer was forced to retire after four hours of running. And what about the ERC Endurance-Ducati # 6 Ducati hurdles that, after showing great potential, got quickly with a series of damage. The machine still finished in 16th place.
In the Kawasaki dynasty, one might wonder if the ZX-10R would go through the technical difficulties encountered in the first participation of a new machine in the 24-hour race. Well no. At night, the mechanics of Webike SRC Kawasaki France pulled the engine out of the ZX-10R frame to remove it. Thus, the race turned into a real-life exercise period and # 11 came to an end in 19th place. “The bike has great potential. It is very important that we work on its electronic equipment”, believed Gilles Stafler, the team manager.
With 34 machines loaded with top-level staff, it was difficult to predict the winner of the Superstock unit before it started. The end of the race even saw a four-way victory match between # 18 Yamaha, # 44 Suzuki, Honda # 55 and # 33 Kawasaki. After taking a good chance, Yamaha # 18 of Team 18 Sapeurs-Pompiers CMS Motostore finally got the victory that had been avoided for several seasons. Drivers Hugo Clere, Baptiste Guittet and Philipp Steinmayr won one round ahead of No Limits Motor Team # 44 Suzuki. The Honda # 55 National Motos that won last year completes the platform. This time, the hiccups (the final problems of the power bar, the selection, the editor’s description) cost the victory to the team led by Stéphane Haddadj.
You learn a lot about yourself, you discover resources
The only machine inserted into the Test unit, Metiss # 45 crossed the finish line in 30th place.
5 best of general classification of version 45 of 24 Heures Motos :
- Suzuki # 1 – Yoshimura SERT Motul – 840 cycles
- Yamaha # 7 – Official YART-Yamaha EWC one-round team
- Honda # 5 – FCC TSR Honda France in 14 rounds
- Yamaha # 18 – Team 18 Fire CMS Motostore 24 laps
- Suzuki # 44 – No Cars Team with Borders for 25 rounds
3 best of Superstock category :
- Yamaha # 18 – Fire Team 18 – 816 rounds
- Suzuki # 44 – No Cars Team with Boundaries for one round
- Honda # 55 – National Fire for one cycle
13 machines had to retire (39 completed) :
- Yamaha # 96 – Team Moto Ain – Mechanical after the accident
- BMW # 37 – BMW Motorrad World Endurance Team – radiator fault – 7:37 pm
- Yamaha # 777 – Wójcik Competition Team STK 777 – Broken Gearbox – 9:19 pm
- Honda # 41 – RAC41-Chromeburner – Broken Gearbox – 21:28
- Kawasaki # 56 – Players – Drop – 10:56 pm
- Yamaha # 36 – 3ART Best Between Bicycles – Engine Analysis – 23:58
- Suzuki # 72 – Le Mans Sud Team Team Suzuki – Fall – 02:15
- Yamaha # 65 – Motobox Kremer Racing – Engine Damage – 06:14
- Yamaha # 77 – Wójcik Competition Team EWC 77 – Mechanical – 7:11
- BMW # 9 – Tecmas Mersen GMC – Mechanical – 7:50
- Suzuki # 212 – Werc Vehicle Events – Mechanical – 8:10
- Yamaha # 66 – OG Motorsport and Sarazin – Engine Analysis – 11:14 am
- Yamaha # 333 – Viltaïs Racing Igol – Engine failure – 12:49
After two versions were contested without fans due to health issues, this 45th edition marked a public return to the happiness of competitors and fans alike.
The next round of the FIM EWC World Endurance Championships will take place on June 4 and 5 at the 24 Hour Spa EWC Motos.