Suzuki announces the arrival of a new big line for 2023. The V-STROM 1050 DE, with enhanced Adventure capabilities, improves the range alongside the 1050 V-STROM which takes XT equipment except for the flared rims. So the V-Strom family has been redesigned for 2023.
In 2019, Suzuki did “all new with the old”, by selling the V-Strom 1050 (XT). In fact, it was a total modification of the V-Strom 1000 of 2013, which itself was based on the DL 1000 V-Strom of 2002. However, do not believe that the V-STROM 1050 DE that we are talking to you today is. motorcycle waiting for more than 20 years; No, if the Japanese manufacturer has chosen to keep certain features, it is the entire motorcycle that has been completely renewed with every evolution. The general dimensions remain, but Suzuki checks everything: materials, chemical treatment of alloys, certain dimensions of parts, technical solutions are added and then lead to other developments. Therefore, with each important development, the bike is finally about to be renewed.
And it must be noted that this way of doing things, between design and production, often gives birth to a very successful motorcycle. Suzuki 1050 V-Strom (XT) is a good bike with good stability and high performance for the price. He seduced us during our incredible match against the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 SX. The V-Strom 1050 XT also won over Moto Revue and Moto Journal testers during the highway comparison; In MJ, she is a lover… to Mickael Tora or Rémi Darodes.
For 2023, Suzuki has chosen to develop its version. The standard V-STROM 1050 (spoke wheels) and dials disappear. The XT designation also disappears, but the V-STROM 1050 2023 takes almost all its features (hand guards, additional engine mode, etc.) apart from the forged rims. To put it simply, the new entry-level V-STROM 1050 in 2023 is an XT with articulated rims. The new Suzuki 1050 V-STROM DE wants to be more adventurous with a high capacity to face the great dunes of the Sahara, if not a big ride with friends in Lozère, even to ride the road in the center of the city of… Tours, a city that has not yet said no for hot bikes.
Suzuki V-STROM 1050 DE: overview of this great new 2023 model
- Suzuki 1050 V-Strom base from 2019, many modifications to chassis, engine, electronics.
- 1050 DE: more informed, all-terrain version (for those who know how to do it…)
- More “event” look, short screen, public saddle, reinforcements
- Aluminum bar, 20mm wide
- Steel legs with removable rubber feet
- Competition saddle, maximum grip, non-adjustable 880 mm saddle height (855 mm adjustable on V-STROM)
- Extended wheelbase, 1595 mm (1555 mm on V-STROM) for more stability and traction
- Geometry, caster, caster angle, check, for more stability
- 252 kg fully fueled declared (+10 kg / V-STROM)
- Ground clearance: 190mm (165mm V-STROM)
- Suspension: long travel 170/169 mm front/rear vs. 160/160 mm on the V-STROM
- Spoke wheels (tubeless), 21-inch front rim (19-inch on V-STROM)
- Aluminum engine guard (plastic on base version)
- Traction Control: 3 Modes, LOCKED, + Gravel mode for off-road and passive rear ABS
- New color TFT dashboard
- A USB socket on the handlebars and a 12 volt port under the saddle
- Long swingarm on DE
- The engine of both motorcycles receives upgrades:
- Sodium-treated exhaust valves, more easily adjusted gearbox and agreeable operation in high- and low-speed derailleurs, shortened final drive on DE, special chain guide for DE, new ride-by-wire response ,
- Smooth cruise control is advertised for use at a wide range of speeds
- Engine: 1037 cc, V-twin, Euro5, 107.4 hp at 8,500 rpm, 100 Nm at 6,000 rpm