– In recent months, Porsche and Red Bull have been in talks about the possible entry of Porsche into Formula 1. The two companies have come to the conclusion that these talks will not continue.
The details of Porsche’s entry would differ from the agreement established with Audi, although both belong to the Volkswagen group. RBR consultant Helmut Marko had already given an indication that the negotiations were going badly when he said that “Porsche will not be our shareholder”.
– F1 2022: see the list of drivers and teams
– The world of F1 reacts to the death of Queen Elizabeth II
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen at Formula 1 GP Belgium 2022 – Photo: Rudy Carezzevoli/Getty Images
The idea of the German manufacturer was more than an engine seller, but also to acquire 50% of the energy team. Even with the aborted talks with Red Bull, Porsche insists that Formula 1 remains an attractive environment for the company.
– The premise was always that cooperation would be the basis of equality, which would not only include cooperation in the engine, but also in the team. This could not be achieved. With the rule changes completed, the division follows an interesting environment for Porsche, which will continue to be monitored – says the Porsche statement.
Formula 1 goes this Sunday to Monza, with the Italian doctor, completing the third round. There are seven stages left in the 2022 season.
– F1 2022: check the dates and times of the season’s stages
Information and schedule of the Italian GP 2022 – Formula 1 – Photo: Infoesporte