Look good, look, check. Why? Because, for its size and variety, this new CX-60 can be confused with the CX-5. But also because we probably won’t meet this style every day; before it became a hybrid SUV-shaped plug-in SUV, it was Mazda.
Understand with this that, despite all its possible merits, this Japanese suffers unfairly due to a lack of general public knowledge and a narrow sales network (107 traders in France).
So we do not expect this CX-60 to fill the market and revolutionize this type, even if it plans to sell 1,500 units a year in France, and aims to compete with German payments such as the BMW X3. and Audi Q5.
To do so, the Japanese SUV, elevated above 4.75 meters, will be based on the former its hybrid plug-in engine – the first for the Hiroshima company – before welcoming under its cover a six-cylinder petrol and diesel engine.
Including a 2.5-liter 4-cylinder gasoline engine and electric machine, the PHEV version shows many powers that have never been achieved by Mazda of roads for sale in Europe: 327 hp.
The manufacturer insists on the road features of this all-wheel-drive SUV, with its built-in rear-wheel drive and the suspension of two front-wheel drive. Do you promise? Yes. Interesting? Finally, not so much.
However, everything starts well when you get on board: as usual with Mazda, calm comes first and the presentation pleases the eye for its harmony. The quality of manufacture is accompanied by materials that can be versatile and with unusual ergonomics, usually Japanese, but large.
The screen, non-touch, is controlled from a well located in the central cone, while the ventilation and air conditioning control remains independent, and well positioned.
The CX-60 also takes into account its welcome status with the Comfort Pack option (€ 1,700): start time, he asks his driver about his heightgive him the option to adjust the seat, steering wheel, exterior mirrors and the position of the head display to its size.
Interesting but bizarre: some 1.80 meters people have long legs and a slight hint, others vice versa.
I liked and looked “normal” according to Mazda criteria, I admit, however, that I appreciated the driving space that the SUV gave me. So I recorded it and, thank you face recognitionThe CX-60 reverted to the same settings after each shutdown, also adjusting the radio and weather control to my recommendations.
In the background, there is no such system, but heated seats seem like an option and there are many opportunities. Finally, in the case of the trunk, the capacity reaches 477 liters, or even 570 liters by calculating the volume below the floor.
It’s time for that roll of ours Pre-production CX-60 shows its shortcomings. His direction, very heavy in cunning, is astonishing. And its moisture, which does not benefit from any experiment and is resistant to large 20-inch wheels, is hard.
You quickly learn how to block potholes and turn from rocky roads to Japanese control, which in turn provides. complete silent operation in urban development.
Unfortunately, with an electric motor installed between the fuel and the transmission, jerks are sometimes felteven at enhanced speeds, in both electric and hybrid mode.
And, even if you shouldn’t expect sports mode from a two-tone SUV, the CX-60 doesn’t offer any special power.
It offers the pleasure of driving with excellent engine performance, and various driving programs to enhance performance or save energy, but it also provides the strange noise of transmission during whipping.
As for the rebirth brakes, never to exceed, it can only be adjusted (at two levels) from the sub-menu of the media interface.
In summary, it is in daily trips, at family speeds and in well-lit places, that Mazda can influence.
This is also where he benefits himself its battery with a capacity of 17.8 kWh to show its electric column, more than 50 “real” kilometers (63 kilometers depending on the verification circuit), after which the internal combustion engine takes the space to extend the trip.
But that, some competing models know how to do it very well. Mazda thus depends on its attractive price, and base price shown for € 52,650and we can expect some improvements before they are first submitted, expected September 2022.
Test Mazda CX-60 – our opinion:
The interior of the CX-60, quiet and easy without harshness, is a real argument. But the Japanese, instead of reaching the category, suffer mainly from known inconveniences and progress towards completion. Without it, competing with the Germans would be difficult …
We love it
- Internal environment and originality
- Performance with a wide range of electronics
- Basic level
- Silence in city driving
We love it a little
- Solid suspension
- Very heavy operation
- Infectious diseases
- Ergonomic details
Details (Mazda CX-60 2.5 E-Skyactiv PHEV)
- Combustion engine: front, longitudinal, 4 cylinders, gasoline, direct injection, 16 valves, 2,488 cc.3 191 hp at 6,000 rpm, 261 Nm at 4,000 rpm
- Electric motor: 129 kW at 5,500 rpm, 270 Nm
- Battery / Capacity: Lithium-ion / 17.8kWh
- Transmission: all wheels, automatic, speed 8
- Combined Power (hp per rpm): 327 to 6,000
- Combined torque (Nm at rpm): 500 to 4000
- Counter weight (kg): 2,055
- Height.xwidth.xhigh. (m): 4.75 × 1.89 × 1.68
- Wheel base (m): 2.87
- Rotation diameter (m): 10.8
- Maximum speed (km / h): 200
- 0 to 100 km / h (s): 5.8
- Standard tires: 235/60 R 18
- Test Tires: 235/50 R 20 – Bridgestone Alenza
- 100% WLTP frequency range (km): 63
- Disadvantages. WLTP Combination (l / 100 km): 1.5
- CO2 (g / km): 33
- Bonus: € 0
- 5/2 chest (l): 477 / 1,726
- Front / rear elbow width (cm): 154/152
- Back leg room (cm): 74
- Tangi (l): 50
- Manufacturing country: Japan
- Warranty: 3 years / 100,000 km
- Financial horsepower: 8 HP
- Basic rate: € 52,650
- Price of trial version: € 64,400 (Finish finish + options)
RECOMMENDED RANGE (Mazda CX-60)
Plug-in mix, 327 hp, from € 52,650 to € 58,050
- Panoramic solar roof: € 1,400
- Ambiance Pack (rear windows with dark sunglasses, electric back door, 360 ° camera, 1,500 W socket, smart phone charger, 12-speaker Bose voice): € 2,850
- Driver Assistance Package (adjustable brightness, detection of obstructions in front / rear gear, maritime navigation controller, signal recognition, brightening mirrors): € 1,800
- Comfort Pack (electric front seats, well-ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, driving space record): € 1,700
- Audi Q5, 50 TFSI e, PHEV 299 hp, from € 64,610
- BMW X3, xDrive 30e, PHEV 292 hp, from € 61,900
- Volvo XC60, Recharge T6, PHEV 350 hp, from € 72,130
- DS7 Crossback, E-Tense 4 × 4, PHEV 300 hp, from € 57,500
Mazda News, seen by auto-moto.com:
TEST Mazda 2 Hybrid (2022): What is the value of the Toyota Yaris clone?
Coupe of Mazda 3 in boxes?
Used Mazda RX8: our opinion, from 9,000 euros