Never two without three. Julien Simon (TotalEnergies) won the 45th edition of the Grand Prix du Morbihan this Saturday and achieved his first success with the Vendée team, three years after his arrival. His third wife in a one-day race, the eighth round of the French Bicycle Cup.
Amaury Capiot new leader
He launched an intense 500-meter attack from the finish line and defeated Alexander Kristoff (Intermarché – Wanty – Gobert Matériaux) and Jake Stewart (Groupama-FDJ). Just recently, Amaury Capiot (Arkéa Samsic) took fourth place and took the lead in the overall Coupe de France classification.
The leader before the start of this eighth round, Axel Zingle (Cofidis) did not start, due to a fall during the Four Days of Dunkirk. Here is a summary of the 2022 French Bicycle Cup.
General Coupe de France Classification (after eight rounds)
1. Amaury Capiot (Arkéa Samsic): 84 points
2. Axel Zingle (Cofidis): 72 pts
3. Marc Sarreau (AG2R Citroën): 68 points
4. Anthony Perez (Cofidis): 68 pts
5. Valentin Ferron (Total Energy): 65 pts
6. Emmanuel Morin (Team Nantes Atlantique): 59 pts
7. Julien Simon (Total Energy): 55 pts
8. Bryan Coquard (Cofidis): 54 pts
9. Anthony Delaplace (Arkéa Samsic): 50 pts
10. Nacer Bouhanni (Arkéa Samsic): 50 pts
11. Max Walscheid (Cofidis): 50 pts
12. Matis Louvel (Arkéa Samsic): 41 pts
13. Sandy Dujardin (Total Energy): 41 pts
14. Clement Venturini (AG2R Citroën): 40 points
15. Thomas Boudat (Go Sport – Roubaix Lille Métropole): 36 points